Travel Info & FAQ
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS NEEDED
A VALID Passport will be required for all FriendShip passengers to check in at the port, as you will be traveling outside of the country. The passport must also be valid 6 months past our embarkation date, which is January 6th, 2020.
You can renew or apply for a Passport online. Non-US citizens should check with their local authorities to confirm the travel documents required.
BOARDING TIME & INFO
Boarding is from 11 AM – 3 PM EST on Monday, January 6, 2020 from Port Miami, Terminal G in Miami, Florida. You must be on board no later than 3 PM EST or risk being denied access to board. The FriendShip sets sail at 7:00 PM EST… no exceptions.
TRANSPORTATION TO PORT
Port of Miami, Terminal G
1015 North American Way
Miami, FL 33132
For those traveling by air, we recommend you fly into either Miami International Airport (10 miles from Port) or Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport (30 miles from Port)
On Arrival: It is recommended if you are flying in, to arrive in Miami by no later than 11 AM EST on Monday, January 6th to give yourself enough time for arrival at Port for check-in.
On Departure: When booking your flight to leave Miami on Friday January 10, it’s recommended that you NOT book flights departing earlier than 12:00 PM EST on January 10. If you do, you will need to be out of your room with your luggage ready and waiting by 7:00am.
Flights, Hotels & Ground Transportation is not included in your FriendShip Cabin purchase. Livestyle Inc, is not be responsible for anyone who misses a flight, book at your own discretion.
Below is a list of items prohibited from coming aboard, as these items could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited.
- Weapons of any kind, Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas
- Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors; Glass of any kind
- Fireworks or Explosives or Projectiles
- ZERO TOLERANCE Policy on Illegal Drugs & Substances and drug paraphernalia (this includes, for the avoidance of doubt, marijuana, as this substance is not legal in the entirety of the United States);
- Rx medications that are not in a valid Rx container issued to the individual possessing them
- More Rx medications than you need for a week
- Commercial use of photography and video is strictly prohibited. No professional photography equipment
- Aerial Drones or other aerial unmanned vehicles
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages (including water)
- Coffee Makers, Clothing Irons, & Hot Plates
- Candles & Incense
- Large Speakers, DJ Gear or anything considered larger than a “portable” speaker
- Unauthorized large sports equipment; Large hard body coolers
- Generators or Grills of any kind
- Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
- Bicycles, Go-carts, ATVs, Skateboards, Surfboards, Roller Skates, Scooters, Segways
- Martial Arts Gear
- Gas masks or tactical gear
- Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks
- Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks
- HAM Radios
- Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes
- Electrical Extension Cords
- Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint
- No Stand-Alone Liquid Bladders. (CamelBacks / Hydration Packs) are permitted but must be empty upon arrival to board the ship
- Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration
- Fliers, stickers, posters, flags with flag poles
- Pets (with the exception of approved service animals, and only if You are a person with disabilities. Please e-mail Your questions regarding service animals to Company at [email protected] or visit the official Company website for details at [email protected]);
- Any other items deemed by Company or Celebrity as posing a threat to personal safety
- Absolutely No Vending of any kind, or promoting of outside events
All of the items on this list, similar and dissimilar items will be confiscated upon being found.
Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.
Should you happen to see any of these items in a passenger’s possession, please let a member of our security team know.
- One week’s worth of Rx medications in properly labeled container
- Cash (there is an ATM available on board in Casino & Guest Services area)
- Credit Card (with $250 minimum for deposit) to open account with the ship
- Set up travel plan with Bank / Credit Cards to avoid declined transactions
- Toiletries (however there is a general store on board where personal items can be purchased)
- Sunglasses / Hats
- Small handheld cameras, GoPros or other types without interchangeable lenses are acceptable (for personal use only)Sunscreen & Aloe
- Sea bands or other sea-sickness medicine
- Bug spray
- Reusable water bottle
- Rain Jacket & Rain Gear
- Warm Clothes
- Ear Plugs
- CamelBacks, & Hydration Packs are permitted but must be empty upon arrival to board the ship (Stand-alone liquid bladders are not permitted)
- Good Vibes
- Festival attire
- Outfits for Theme Nights
- Decorations that will not damage doors, walls or hallways
Is there WIFI available on board?
Wi-fi is available in most areas of the ship and can be purchased based on RCCL Internet Packages and Rates. Rates will be available as we near sailing date
Can I use my cell phone on the ship?
Mobile phones may work at times while we are on the boat, but keep in mind this is a cruise cell tower signal and will be considered roaming and incur an increased charge from your mobile carrier. You may want to contact your carrier and activate international calling plan, inform them that you are travelling on a cruise ship to the Bahamas. Either way once you leave Miami, international calling & and text rates will apply.
How many meals are included each day?
Food is nearly available 24 hours: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. There will also be snacks & munchies available.
Water, non-specialty coffee, tea & juices are included
Can I Pre-Order Alcohol & Champagne?
FriendShip will have drink packages & special bottle pricing. More info & pricing will be made available closer to sailing date.
In Case of Emergency, how can I be contacted on the ship?
- Guests have the option of being contacted on any ship for business or emergency calls. Guests can be contacted 24 hours a day via telephone for $7.95 per minute (maximum of 10 minutes per call). The call must be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
- Celebrity Cruises: 1-877-266-1020
- (applicable country code)+1-321-953-9002 (outside the United States)
- Dial the appropriate number above.
- The caller will be asked to enter the credit card number and expiration date.
- The system obtains a real-time hold for $79.50 ($7.95 x 10 minutes) and initiates the call to the ship. The $79.50 hold is the maximum that will be held. Actual charges will be calculated based on the number of minutes used on the call.
- A voice prompt directs the caller to the specific ship.
- The call is connected to the ship.
- The call rings through to the designated department onboard (Radio Station or Guest Relations Desk). The call is then routed to the guest’s stateroom.
- The PBX monitors the call. If there is no answer, the call will ring back at the designated department onboard (Radio Station or Guest Relations desk) and a written message is taken for delivery to the guest’s stateroom